So Facebook ads have been a thorn in my side forever. FB has gotten a lot of my money because I didn’t know what I was doing. I’ve spent the last year really trying to understand the ins and outs of it and I’m still not a pro! I have done a couple courses, followed the steps and can honestly say, I’m no longer a beginner either.
Well, I was working with my assistant so we could really dominate this thing and found some GREAT videos by Miles Beckler. Honestly, people are charging thousands of dollars for information Miles Beckler is sharing for free! So, I grabbed my laptop and went off to a remote office coffee house location and got busy watching, taking notes and clipping screenshots.
If you are a business owner, author or nonprofit, you want to master Facebook advertising as well. Don’t think so? Read this Inc.com article – 9 Important Reasons You Need to Use Facebook Ads
Trust me, I know it can be complex and confusing – I’ve been up at 3 a.m. sometimes trying to figure it out. What I’ve learned is that once you have step-by-step instructions and examples, you can get more and more comfortable. I’ve also learned that you will need a ton of PATIENCE! I’ve listed the videos below that I watched in the order I suggest you watch them. There are tons more on Miles Beckler’s page, but I think you need to start here.
A few key points for success:
- Please do not boost another post or run another ad you aren’t sure about until you finish watching these videos. I believe that like me, you too may be wasting a lot of $$.
- Set a viewing schedule in a quiet place; watch at least 2 per week. The videos are short, each 30 minutes or less, grab your notebook and dig in.
- Don’t get frustrated, whatever is mentioned that you don’t understand, CPC, CPM, etc..just google and copy that definition into your notes. He most likely will explain it in the video.
- Take detailed notes and screenshot key items he shares that you may not remember later (no, you cannot have my notes, do your own homework!)
- Be patient, take your time to really understand the concepts. Feel free to rewind the lessons as many times as necessary.
- Start with the budget you are comfortable with, don’t get intimidated if your budget isn’t as high as suggested. Novices like us need to be careful with the coins!
- Don’t wait to watch. Don’t put it off thinking you aren’t ready to run an ad yet, so you’ll get back to this later. Watch them now and again later, let the information sink in, you may learn you can start sooner.
- Check out his other videos, but in bite sizes, again, all of this can get overwhelming.
Where I would start in this order:
- How to Advertise on Facebook https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYY6zn3c8Xk
- How To Create Good Facebook Ads – Facebook Marketing Examples https://youtu.be/hCQFsD7HeTM
- $5 Facebook Ads – Beginner & Advanced FB Advertising Strategy Using $5 Ad Sets, Revealed! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fceh6_UZz8A&t=486s
- How to use the FB Audience Tool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g17t182OgA
- Which Facebook Advertising Campaign Type Is Best For You? Pay Per Engagement? Conversion? Or Clicks? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT7vNDSJVTM
- Power Editor Pt 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmzGjCjmvKY
- Power Editor Pt 2: https://www.youtu-be.com/watch?v=9iZ_feO4VmM
Alright, there it is! What other classes or courses have you taken on Facebook Advertising that were helpful? Chime in and let me know what you think, what you learned and how your campaigns went!
Here’s to rockin’ your biz!